- ARS dataset subscriptions are available for independent researchers, users, and patrons. Please first review the general service details on the main ARS Service Details page.
- ARS datasets are available for all Archive-It collections and are not currently available for non Archive-It collections.
- Requests for data extractions (and potentially some derivative datasets) from the global web archive are handled on a special case-by-case basis and inquiries can be sent to Jefferson Bailey, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Independent researchers interested in a combined Archive-It account for web archiving that also includes the creation of ARS datasets are encouraged to contact us at email@example.com.
For regular ARS dataset requests by independent researchers, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your:
- Name and contact information
- Institutional Affiliation (if relevant)
- Archive-It collection(s) for which you are interested in research datasets
- Archive-It collections can be found at https://archive-it.org/
- Include the name or URL of the collection(s) of interest
- A brief description of your intended use case
- If you are interested in a combined Archive-It account with ARS dataset subscription, please indicate so in the email.
An Archive-It team member will follow-up with you to provide more information. We will also work to connect you with the librarian, archivist, or collection manager at the custodial institution that created and manages the collection.